HGM offers a billet push-button switch that can be used for manual torque converter clutch control.
Installing the Switch
Here are the simple instructions on how to install it:
- Locate a position that is easy to reach from the drivers seat.
- Drill a 19mm or 3/4” hole for the switch.
- Install the switch from the front with the o-ring in place.
- Install the nut on the rear of the switch. Tighten gently.
- From the switch, the black and yellow wires connect to ground. These wires have a ground lug already installed.
- The green wire on the switch connects to the blue wire
- The other black wire from the switch connects to the blue/red wire from the COMPUSHIFT II labelled “TCC Mengine harness labelled “O/D CANCEL LED”
Using the Switch
- Press the switch to lock the manually lock the torque converter clutch.
- Press the switch again to unlock the torque converter clutch.
- The LED will light any time the torque converter clutch is engaged.