HGM offers a billet push-button switch that can be used for overdrive cancel on transmissions that need it.
Installing the Switch
Here are the simple instructions on how to install it:
- Locate a position that is easy to reach from the drivers seat.
- Drill a 19mm or 3/4” hole for the switch.
- Install the switch from the front with the o-ring in place.
- Install the nut on the rear of the switch. Tighten gently.
- From the switch, the red and yellow wires connect to ground. These wires have a ground lug already installed.
- The green wire on the switch connects to the blue/yellow wire from the COMPUSHIFT II engine harness labelled “O/D CANCEL”
- The other black wire from the switch connects to the blue/red wire from the COMPUSHIFT II engine harness labelled “O/D CANCEL LED”
Using the Switch
- After the vehicle is started, the overdrive function is enabled.
- Press the switch once to disable overdrive. The LED ring will turn on.
- Press the switch again to enable overdrive. The LED ring will turn off.